Work must not stop at a DEI statement
Dr. Amanda Taylor (Biography)
Assistant Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, American University
- While an organization’s public diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) statements are an important first step, the work must not stop there.
- Organizations need to show their clients that their stated commitment to racial and social justice is more than just a marketing campaign.
- 3 ways organizations can “walk the talk” of DEI:
- Connect your commitments to internal organizational practices, such as ensuring diverse representation at all levels of the organization, using equitable hiring practices and conducting internal climate assessments.
- Convene your members, staff and stakeholders around key racial and social justice topics to share learning and best practices during annual conferences or professional development opportunities.
- Collaborate with nonprofit organizations, universities or local organizations to support innovation and build partnerships to deepen impact.
More About DC
You may also like..