Washington's best-loved museums line the east side of the National Mall, between the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument.
Washington's best-loved museums line the east side of the National Mall, between the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument. The Smithsonian Institution, nicknamed the "Nation's Attic," is one of the largest museum complexes in the world, with 19 museums and over 150 million items in the collection. Over 30 million people visit each year! Each unique building is an architectural landmark all its own. Join DC Design Tours to explore how the Smithsonian Institution has shaped the fabric of the National Mall since 1855. Sights and stops include:
- Smithsonian Castle & Garden
- James V. Forrestal Building (Dept of Energy)
- Arts and Industries Building
- Hirshhorn Museum
- National Air and Space Museum
- National Gallery of Art East and West Buildings (from a distance)
- National Museum of the American Indian
- United States Botanic Garden
- United States Capitol Building
This tour meets in front of the Smithsonian Castle at 1000 Jefferson Drive SW. The tour takes about 2 hours and covers approximately 1 mile.
Smithsonian Castle 1000 Jefferson Drive SW
Washington, DC 20560