DDC launched the DEI Business Fellowship to support small businesses in the local travel and tourism industry owned by people of color, LGBTQ+ persons, women, persons with disabilities and their allies.
This program offers complimentary marketing, mentorship, education and networking opportunities to help sustain and grow your businesses, specifically by reaching business and leisure travelers.
- Complimentary membership for 1 calendar year (value: $1,050).
- Full suite of member benefits (except print publication listings).
- Dedicated account manager.
- Two tickets to the annual Marketing Outlook Meeting (value: $95 each).
- Content inclusion on washington.org and the DEI District as appropriate.
- Engagement and training with each of DDC’s departments.
- Annual return on investment report.
- Independently owned small businesses in the travel and tourism industry with annual revenue less than $6 million and/or fewer than 10 full-time employees
- Majority ownership should be a person from a minority group
- Other businesses that have significant DEI programs will be considered
- Excluded businesses are any type of accommodation, airline or cruise line
- Minimum of one (1) year in business
- Registered to conduct business in DC, MD or VA
- Former members in the last three (3) years are not eligible
- Small businesses must comply with DDC’s membership terms and conditions
Meet the 2023 DEI Business Fellows:
- The District Pit
- Chip Dizard Photography
- Wine Key Experience
- The Documentist Photography
- The Collective
- Flowers by Alexes
- Professional Image LLC
- Concept Creative Group
- White House Nannies
- Perfect Planning Events
- Get Plated Catering
- Events by Chalk
- LA Executive Services
- Sofull Catering LLC
- Open Door Concept
- The Boards LLC
- Art Museum of the Americas
- Zenith Gallery
- Sixth & I
- Here’s the Scoop
- Fresh Food Factory
- Donna Faye’s Bakery
- Georgetown Seafood
- DCity Smokehouse
- Lost Generation Brewing Co.
- Sip & Develop
- Steadfast Supply
- Anacostia Playhouse
- Shop Made in DC
- Black on Broadway in Washington DC
- Eckington Hall
View all (past and present) DEI business fellows here.